Welcome! This site is an endeavor to spread an attitude of positive thinking and optimism. By searching for joy and beauty in all things - even the mundane, perhaps a smile will spread from my computer ... to you!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Please Forward..."

We all know that we receive emails that we just get tired of opening...you know which ones I'm speaking of...the ones that have been forwarded, and forwarded (and forwarded). Many of us (and you know who you are!) have just given up on opening anything that even remotely looks like a "cutesy," "flowery," full-of-teddy-bears and kittens (and way too corny for even Hallmark!) kind of message. I personally must receive at least five or six of these emails every day!

A good many of these well-wishes from friends and family are just that - well-wishes and blessings - I can understand how they might become monotonous and "generic" looking (especially when they've been around in the world-wide-web for quite some time, and you find yourself receiving the same thing within a year - or less!) While I too, have found myself not taking the time to open each and every one of these friendly Internet notes, I do try to take note of who sent me the message, and remember that the person who took the time to send it to me (even though it was another forward) was thinking of me at that particular moment.

Today there are many blogs, forums, and chat rooms out there in cyber-space where people around the world continue to discuss the pros-and-cons, good-vs-evil attributes of how this kind of technology and connectivity has (or has not) affected the world. Since my site is not designed to be an open forum for "heated discussion," (however, I always welcome comments!) I offer you the following perspective: occasionally, we all run across a message or two that just "happens" to arrive in our cyber mailbox at just the right moment, which lifts our spirits or reminds us of the world around us.

In that regard, today I'm reprinting a chain-letter/email message that I have actually received several times. This well-known forward has probably been "tweaked" and changed over the course of it's many trips around the world. Should you take the time to read it (even though you, too, may have already received it), I'm sure you'll agree that the following sentiment will continue to journey from desk-to-desk, computer-to-computer for many years. It's origin is unknown, but I believe the messages it contains are timeless and poignant, no matter your age, race, creed or gender:

I’VE LEARNED...

I love the rain.

I’ve learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sing “Silent Night.” Age 6

I’ve learned that you can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk. Age 7

I’ve learned that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they are doing and wave back. Age 9

I’ve learned that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up. Age 13

I’ve learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.

Age 14

I’ve learned that although it’s hard to admit it, I’m secretly glad my parents are strict with me. Age 15

I’ve learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice. Age 24

I’ve learned that brushing my child’s hair is one of life’s great pleasures. Age 26

I’ve learned that wherever I go, the world’s worst drivers have followed me there. Age 29

I’ve learned…that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it. Age 39

I’ve learned that the greater a person’s sense of guilt, the greater his need to cast blame on others. Age 46

I’ve learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone. Age 50

I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. Age 52

I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die. Age 53

I’ve learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. Age 58

I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
Age 62


I’ve learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back. Age 64

I’ve learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will
find you. Age 65

I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision. Age 66

I’ve learned that everyone can use a prayer. Age 72

I’ve learned that it pays to believe in miracles. And to tell the truth, I’ve seen several. Age 73

I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one. Age 82

I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch-holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. Age 85

I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn. Age 92

Please pass this on to someone you care about. Sometimes they
just need a little something to make them smile….


It's just as I continue to suggest daily....
Pay it forward - spread a smile!
(photo courtesy of Google images.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments and thoughts - sharing is caring!